1 Week Passport, Fast-Track Passport Appointment
The one week service can be used by both adults and children who need their passport urgently but may not meet the requirements for the one day passport service, due to either age, state of their current passport or circumstances, this guide gives details for whose who wish to book and attend an urgent 7 day passport service.
Can I get a UK passport in a week?
You can get a passport in week day / 7 days, however please note that you must pre-book this service in advance, you must then attend a local passport office in person, and must also meet the following criteria:
- As an adult (aged 16 years and over) you must have an existing, expired, lost, stolen or damaged passport (You cannot use urgent services for first time adult passports)
- As a child (under the age of 16) you can use this service for first time passports
- As a child (under the age of 16) you can use this service for renewals of passports
- Both adults and children can use this service for lost, stolen or damaged passports
How many days does a fast track passport take?
The fast track appointment itself lasts approx. 30 minutes
If you attend a pre-booked fast-track appointment at a local HM Passport Office and your passport application form and all supporting documents are in order, your new passport will be sent to you via secure courier service within 7 days (7 regular days not working days). You will also be sent a text message and/or email with an update from the courier during the week waiting period, this will outline a possible delivery date for the new passport.
Is the 7 day fast track passport guaranteed?
Yes this is a guaranteed service, this is what you are paying for when you pay the additional fee, this includes priority processing of your passport and delivery via secure private courier. The only thing that can effect this is if your form or documents do not meet the requirements in the initial 30 minute appointment, if you are concerned about getting your passport form right, see our mistakes on passport forms guide
Can someone attend on my behalf?
Yes, a friend, family member, work colleague or parent (in the case of child applications) can attend your appointment for you. If a parent is attending it must be the one who has signed the passport form on behalf of the child, and must take valid photo ID (such as a valid passport or driving licence), see below for more detail.
When another party is attending on the applicants behalf there is a list of strict requirements when doing so, please see further guidance for attending passport appointments
What documents are required?
All Application Types (Adult/Child)
- Obtain a Passport Form from your local Post Office
- Provide two identical (passport sized) photographs
Renewals Only (Adult/Child)
- Bring your current/expired passport with you to the appointment
Lost, Stolen, Damaged (Adult/Child) or Child Passport
- Get (Section 10) of the Passport Form and one of the photos counter-signed by someone who holds a valid British Passport, who is also in a recognised profession and not related in any way, see more about who can countersign a passport
If you are unsure if your passport classes as damaged (beyond reasonable wear and tear) check if your passport is damaged.
First Time Child Passports
- A full copy of the child's birth certificate (from a registry office), photocopies/scans will not be accepted.
- Other supporting documents if the child or child's parents were born abroad see first time child/baby passports
In some circumstances grandparents details (for either Mother or Father) may also be required on the form or an additional document, see more information about grandparents details for passport applications.
If you would like more detail on the documents required see when attending urgent appointments.
How do I book a passport service?
In order to book a 7 day fast-track passport service you will need to find your nearest passport office from the list below:
- Fast Track Passport London
- Fast Track Passport Peterborough
- Fast Track Passport Newport
- Fast Track Passport Liverpool
- Fast Track Passport Birmingham
- Fast Track Passport Durham
- Fast Track Passport Glasgow
- Fast Track Passport Belfast
Or if you are unsure you can find your nearest passport office with your postcode.
How much does a fast track passport cost?
This service comes with a fee and the following amounts stated below (which must be paid by phone at the time of booking the appointment):
- £155 for an adult 32-page passport
- £166 for an adult 50-page passport
- £126 for a child 32-page passport
- £137 for a child 50-page passport
What payment methods are accepted?
The HM Passport Office accepts payment via all major Credit & Debit Cards when booking a fast track appointment by phone, unfortunately American Express is not an accepted form of payment.
How far in advance can I book a fast-track appointment?
You can book an appointment up to 2 weeks in advance, please note however that some passport offices can be busier than others at certain times, so you may only be able to book one or two days ahead in some circumstances.
If your local passport office does not have availability, ask the operator on the HM Passport Office booking line to check the next nearest office to your location, this may require you to travel further to attend, however this could allow you to attend a sooner appointment date and time, if you need your passport as quickly as possible.
What happens if I need to change or cancel the appointment?
What happens when you need to make changes or cancel a fast track appointment at the HM Passport Office?
Changes to existing fast track appointment
It is important to note that there is a deadline in place for changes to existing appointment bookings. If you need to make any changes to your booking, then you have up to two full working days before your appointment date in order to do so. This means that you must inform the Passport Office of any changes to your application before noon two days prior to your appointment date, they will not be able to make any changes within this time as the booking system does not allow the operators to override this rule.
Cancel an appointment
If you need to cancel your passport application appointment, you can do so by calling the passport adviceline, you can do this at any time however you will not receive a refund of the fee paid. If you later decide to re-book you will need to re-pay the fee(s) stated above again in full.