How do I contact the UK Passport Office?
Even with all of the online services and postal forms, sometimes you just need to call HM Passport Office to make an inquiry or track a passport applications progress, in this article we list some of the most common reasons you may wish to use the phone service, as well as some alternatives that you may not be aware of in order to save you time and not having to wait in phone queues, especially during peak times.
Reasons why you may need to contact HM Passport Office by phone
1) To report a lost or stolen passport, which you can also do online here: reporting a lost passport in the uk
2) To inquire about the processing times for passport applications, you can also see more about passport tracking
3) To inquire about the availability of urgent passport appointments
4) To book an urgent appointment, you can also confirm an appointment slot date and time for a or premium 1 day fast track by phone.
5) To inquire about the passport collection process, in relation to previously attending an urgent fast track appointment.
6) To inquire about the passport delivery process, although you will receive updates from the courier via text message, you may sometimes wish to call for more clarification on at what stage your passport application is in.
7) To ask about the requirements for a child's passport photo, you can also see further guidance for children's passports
Passport Office contact by phone
HM Passport Office can be contacted by phone in several ways:
What are the contact hours for HM Passport Office?
The best times to call HM Passport Office are between 8am and 8pm Monday to Friday and between 9am and 5:30pm on Saturdays, peak times are often early morning 8-10am and towards the end of the working day 5pm-6pm
HM Passport Office phone number
You can contact HM Passport Office in english by calling the passport advice line
HM Passport Office Textphone number
If you are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment, you can contact HM Passport Office using the
Text Relay service on 18001 03002220222.
HM Passport Office Welsh phone number
If you would like to speak to HM Passport Office in Welsh, you can call 03002220101.
Overall there are many reasons as to contact by phone, however the most common is still urgent appointments due to the urgency of the request most customers prefer to call and discuss the options prior to booking appointments, however the phone agents are able to assist with any of the enquiry types above.