Second Passports for business purposes
Many people are not aware but there is a solution for adults travelling to restricted countries or those who have to apply for multiple Visa's for certain travel destinations. The HM Passport Office does offer a service whereby individuals over the age of 16 can obtain a Second Passport (for business travel purposes).
If you wish to apply for one of these additional passports you can do so with the following services:
• Standard Postal Service (4-6 week turnaround)
• 1 Week Fast-Track Service (7-8 days depending on appointment)
If you are thinking of using this service please note there are a few additional requirements when applying for the Second Passport:
• You must obtain an application form from your local Post Office, this is to then be filled in assuming it is your First Adult Passport, this must include parents details and must also be countersigned by a non-related individual that you have known for at least 2 years, and that works in a recognised profession (see here for list of counter signatories that are accepted)
• You must also present a letter from your employer, this will need to be on letter headed paper and must:
• Be from a senior representative at the company i.e. director, manger
• Explain the reasons for needing a second passport, this must include destinations of expected travel and/or reasons for example visa applications to multiple embassies or travel during a visa application period.
• Be both signed and dated by the representative.
• Note: if you are self employed you must provide this on behalf of yourself so that it still meets the criteria above.
• You must also provide two additional passport sized photographs when applying.
If you require any further assistant on second passport renewals please call the passport advice line on: 0300 222 0000.
Need more information?
Talk to the Passport Office team
Lines open 8am-8pm
Other related posts...
The passport service has changed a lot in recent months with the introduction of more online services as well as the ability to now spread the cost of your passports and pay monthly. The most recent changes to how you send your passport photos is probably the ... Read More
Passport renewal are in high demand but with the Easter holidays just around the corner passport renewals are set to increase considerably as people try grab those last-minute Easter deals. Thousands of travelers take advantage of the time off school and work ... Read More
Passport Office Blog
Our blog is full of useful tips and interesting facts about the world of Passports and Travel.
Passports Office provides relevant information about new passports, renewing an existing passport, and the contact details of key UK passport offices.